Website Usability, Branding, & Presence
Which website do you want?
- A website that is functional, organized, and easy to extract information from.
- One that has attracted the attention of many others, who mention it and have links to various pages.
- A website linked to an entity mentioned and reviewed by others, with lots of good reviews
- One that is educational and has lots of available tools and information, which changes regularly.
- A website that is somewhat ugly but gets high rates of conversion, which is whatever your goal is for it.
- One that is beautiful and makes people want to stay and look at it.
As far as a search engine robot is concerned, their priorities are listed in the order above, IMO. Google keeps its ranking formula secret, but you need to meet many of each of the descriptions above If you want to show up in search results. They are all important, but some much more than others!
Years ago I believed a website was like a billboard, and needed “lights, nearby roads, and directional signs” to lead people to it. That has become only a minor function, as a good website needs usability and function as a part of its structure, and there are many, many considerations as to its value to you.
Here are some of the requirements of a great website:
Your website needs to be findable, and show up in search engines.
Your website must have usability for Google’s and visitors:
Your website should have great content which is added to regularly.
Your website should have a goal and “convert” efficiently for you. It could be one of a number of desired outcomes, such as:
As you can see, traffic may be necessary, but unless you convert that traffic to a predetermined outcome, it doesn’t matter that much that your website is “pretty” or that you have lots of visitors. Your Conversion rate is more important than the amount of traffic, in most situations.
Are you satisfied with the results of your website(s)? Do you desire it to do better? Let the team at Branded Web Presence take a look at it. You may have created a great functioning website, but wouldn’t it be great to have an outside opinion, and a fresh look?
Fill out the fields below, and let’s talk!